Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mulberry Rose Pomander

Getting a shout from my husband in the loft, 'Do you want these Wedding Pew Ends down, so you can take them apart and use the flowers on them?' 
All the hours I'd spent making our pew ends for our Wedding less than a year ago, I didn't really want to, but I could see his point. Sat up there, gathering dust, they'd may as well be put to use.

I knew I could use the roses on some more of my sample invitations or other creations. It then clicked. What about making some more pew ends or a ball of flowers ideal for little flower girls or hanging from garden crooks as aisle or venue decor.

Researching eBay for polystyrene balls large enough to do what i wanted them to do, I was surprised at actually how reasonable they were in price.

The arrived with Mr Postman (he must love me for all the parcels I am ordering at the moment for my samples), I wanted to try and halve one of the balls. Getting the bread knife out, this can not be that hard - Or can it? Those things just don't want to cut! I gave up in the end and went on with making a pomander.

These roses I use are made from a mulberry card. They are extremely sturdy, so I thought ideal for little flower girls. With the way children throw things around in excitement, they'd remain in tact, No roses will be falling out, no petals being pulled off. (The husband even mentioned how it could be used as a football also!!). 

I secured my ribbon on and started to place my flowers on to the ball.

I am extremely happy with the way the pomander has turned out. A few more roses squeezed in maybe to fill some of the small gaps, but I'd only a few flowers left so had to make do with what I had.

But for anyone interested in buying one from me. I can tailor your colour scheme with the roses and they'll be £25 each.

Small balls can be used for pew ends... but watch this space. I am having more thoughts on pew ends so I am sure, I won't be able to resist in having a play. After all, I have another six days of leave yet! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment