Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cadbury's Purple and Hearts Sparkles galore

This was my other big order I'd been working on through out my three days off.

Sirena had found my designs through a Wedding Planning Forum and immediately contacted me for ideas. She had ideas in her head of what she wanted, then left the rest for me to design.

A few minor tweaks here and there, and I was receiving the 'Go ahead' email. 

This invitations are one of my more complex designs. Lots and lots of cutting. I think I approximated around 60 cuts per invitation needed for this specific order. And the whole order of 50 invitations took me around 14 hours to create. 

I didn't think I was going to be able to finish these invitations off right away, as my buckle sliders were coming from half way around the world. A missed parcel from Mr Postman (silly me had my music too loud to hear his door knock), I collected them first thing the following morning from the parcel office. Thinking they were something completely different., to my surprise, their were 50 shiny, sparkly heart buckle sliders sat in front of me. Which was fantastic news, I wasn't expecting them for another 2 or 3 weeks, it meant I could put this order to bed  and get them sent out asap.

To sit back and see the completed order finished in front of you, is such a wonderful sense of achievement. I have to say, I completely fell in love with these Invitations. The sophisticated purple of the ribbon and the luxury feel from the heart buckle slider, completely pulled this order together. With my head, arms and hands hurting from 14 long hours work on this order, to see them all sitting back in front of you saying 'I created each and every single one of you!'. I really hope Sirena and Michael's family and friends love the invitations just as much as I do.

And here are the photos:



And here are my two first big orders, packed into their boxes ready to be sent out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment